free website stats program Want to change speedo on 2016 Heritage. | Harley Davidson Forums

Want to change speedo on 2016 Heritage.

roy hauer

I ordeted a different HD speedo to replace stock 2016 speedo. on the 2016 Heritage. Its the digital with changeable light. Dealer was a little lost. Thete is a,power pigtail offered for fuel sensor. Am I also going to need this pigtial for my fuel gauge to work? Dealer did not really know. Parts guy was only there 2 weeks and is new at the job. So do I need this,pigtail and sensor or can I do without it.

Found out the parts dept ordered wrong speedo kit. Mine is a,5 inch they ordered a 4 inch. should be in this,week I hope.

Took about 10 minutrs to change out. All is,plug and play. Its awesome. over 600 colors and shades every component can be changed to. Up to 4 accessories can be different colors. All the color combinations is just awesome. tack needle can be made to get bright red the closer to 5500 rpm. Make it the same color as the dial and you can not see it till you start building up rpms. even has a feul gauge built in that changes color according to fuel level
. Has a clock and A and B odometer aswell as fuel remaining and estimated miles left. Really sets off a fairly common looking speedo with this new setup. And you can view speed and rpm without toggling between each othe

Parts guys are only as good as the info in front of them, like they did not know the new speedos back light dims automatically

I agree, but this Parts Gal is sharp and knows her stuff..when part number was entered it was off by 1 number. Accidents happen. No harm done. I wish they made a,set of instruments like this speedo dor myTri Guide Ultra

Back