VRSCB Noise

Discussion in 'VRSC Models' started by rich67tx, May 10, 2009.

1. rich67tx

rich67tx Member

I have a 2005 VRSCB with 6500 miles. I have been hearing a light howling noise as I am coming to a stop only last about 1/2 second. I have slowed down with the brakes and without using the brakes. I hear it either way. Happens around 5 mph and it sounds like it is coming from the left rear of the bike. I also drove down the road and got up to around 20 mph and then turned off the bike hoping to hear the noise. The only thing I am hearing is tire noise and brakes rubbing. No howling. Could be tire noise???? Don't think so though. Any ideas? Thought it could be a bearing but don't hear it any other way. Help....

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Could be the tire tread or even the belt too. Check the tension on the belt.

3. rich67tx

rich67tx Member

Checked belt tension, has about 1/4 inch of play in it, if that. It's driving me crazy. I noticed it more when I have my GF on the bike. She weighs about 120. Tire isn't scraping the fender. What about the bearing? How would I be able to tell if that was the problem? Any other possibilities? Thanks for the reply.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

1/4" sounds a bit tight and with the extra passenger it would be even tighter. Recheck it again and adjust it to specs.