free website stats program VRSCB Noise | Harley Davidson Forums

VRSCB Noise

rich67tx

I have a 2005 VRSCB with 6500 miles. I have been hearing a light howling noise as I am coming to a stop only last about 1/2 second. I have slowed down with the brakes and without using the brakes. I hear it either way. Happens around 5 mph and it sounds like it is coming from the left rear of the bike. I also drove down the road and got up to around 20 mph and then turned off the bike hoping to hear the noise. The only thing I am hearing is tire noise and brakes rubbing. No howling. Could be tire noise???? Don't think so though. Any ideas? Thought it could be a bearing but don't hear it any other way. Help....

Checked belt tension, has about 1/4 inch of play in it, if that. It's driving me crazy. I noticed it more when I have my GF on the bike. She weighs about 120. Tire isn't scraping the fender. What about the bearing? How would I be able to tell if that was the problem? Any other possibilities? Thanks for the reply.

1/4" sounds a bit tight and with the extra passenger it would be even tighter. Recheck it again and adjust it to specs.

Back