free website stats program VOX on Ultra Intercom | Harley Davidson Forums

VOX on Ultra Intercom

I only use mine during cold weather season, but it works fine unless im going 80 mph down the freeway, but normal riding 60 and under no problems.

But you do have to find that sweet spot based on your mics position which is exposed to wind, your mouth etc

Ours didn't work evry good when I got the bike, had the vox adjusted to the max and had to cover the mic with my hand and yell into it, dealer replaced both sets under warranty, work great now. Also make sure that both are plugged in to the bike as well as the head sets, sometimes they look ok when 1 may be partly unplugged.

when we wear our full face helmets, they work fine, but don't tell the wife, I ignor her, then claim it doesn't work....

Vox works fine except that it totally mutes any other audio. It would be nice if they gave us back the adjustable mute as in previous radios. If your passenger is a chatterbox the vox never closes. . . . .and you can't sing to the music ;-)

If your passenger is a chatterbox the vox never closes. . . . .and you can't sing to the music ;-)

My sentiments exactly, except I'm talking about constant talkers on the CB. You know the ones with the, I have CB, I MUST talk, mentality.

I really enjoy the CB for information during the ride, not chatter. Sometimes I just turn it off. The music not too loud, soothes me, along with the wind and the low rumble of the mufflers. Then life is good.
:USA

My experience with this issue is that with the HD headset, the vox was too hard to adjust. At one setting, the mic would be too sensitive and at the very next lower setting, you would have to yell to get it to activate. My headset went on the fritz and I bought a J&M headset/mic. Since then, I have been able to set it and forget it. It does have a different sound while talking but seems to work great. However, I don't think I would fork out the $'s just to change and had the DIY post to make your own headset come out before I bought the new one I would have tried that route first. I still may, just to try it.

Back