free website stats program voltage regulator wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

voltage regulator wiring

I am building a new bike. I cannot remember where the third wire on the voltage regulator goes. two plug into the stator, where does the third one go?

oops its an evo

I am building a new bike. I cannot remember where the third wire on the voltage regulator goes. two plug into the stator, where does the third one go?

On my EVO ('91 Dyna), it goes to the breaker panel (where ever that is on your bike) and ties into the MAIN 30A breaker. Same point as the hot (red) lead from the key switch. The other wire coming out of the main is also BK, but it goes up to the kill switch on the bars.

TQ

Last edited:
So, you're building a bike and you're not posting pictures for us to see as you make progress. That's just no right.

I dont know if I can yet. That was my 1st post.. Anyone know about the two terminals on the starter motor. what wire goes to what terminal.

I kinda like this sight, and yes I will post pics.

Anyone know about the two terminals on the starter motor. what wire goes to what terminal.

The positive lead goes from the positive terminal on the battery to the post on the rear of starter. The negative lead goes from the negative terminal to one of the starter mounting bolts (front one). The small wire goes to the starter relay. On mine, it is the "87" terminal. I think that wire is tan (TN).

TQ

Sounds like he is defusing a bomb or finishing up on his bike...! In either case watch out for the BLUE wire!:lolrolling

Actually you should have a simple schematic of bike you are modifiying, but then again, with a handle like "the Riddler" it may require the "--caped crusader and his sidekick" to help you out without it. :newsmile04: Look in the Self Help section under electrical and look at some of Glider' tips and simplified schematics to help you out if you don't have the formal wiring diagrams. :33:

Back