free website stats program Voided Warranty ??? Where do I turn? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Voided Warranty ??? Where do I turn?

Not at all smitty, Now that you mentioned it,,,I knew that was in the book but never thought they Held up to it... Especially dealer installed... Guess some better get it in writing B-4 the install or the problem...

It's like the sale of the For Race Only Tuners that every dealer tries to sell.... I like the wink and nod you use. as I'm sure they do also.

I just thought that their would have to be a Bigger modification to make that motor un-warranteed..

Thanks smitty Lots of Food for thought!

signed....BUBBIE

Is the TFI, or GEN3 considered a race tuner ?

There should be a disclosure made by the dealer when selling a bike with this "race only" motor mod in the bike otherwise the buyer could make an educated choice not to buy it and go for another bike with a street motor that would be covered under the factory warranty.

Your state AG or even the EPA should be contacted for help in reference to this practice by the dealer.

Possibly mention of this to the dealer would change his tune or it could be a very costly situation for him with the EPA.

Last edited:
There should be a disclosure made by the dealer when selling a bike with this "race only" motor mod in the bike otherwise the buyer could make an educated choice not to buy it and go for another bike with a street motor that would be covered under the factory warranty.

Your state AG or even the EPA should be contacted for help in reference to this practice by the dealer.

Possibly mention of this to the dealer would change his tune or it could be a very costly situation for him with the EPA.

I knew you would have a good answer:s

Bringing up the EPA to the dealer may be the ticket. Here in Wa. if I as a auto shop owner do a modification on a car that is not EPA legal and EPA finds out I would be fined and must put the car back to EPA standards at a no limit cost. You might have a good case if you can show anything from the selling dealer of the installed parts/kit in this bike purchaced from them. Look over your papers you got from them about the bike when you bought it. See if it states this upgrade. But remember it was a used bike and that may be in the dealers favor. Good luck.

Bringing up the EPA to the dealer may be the ticket. Here in Wa. if I as a auto shop owner do a modification on a car that is not EPA legal and EPA finds out I would be fined and must put the car back to EPA standards at a no limit cost. You might have a good case if you can show anything from the selling dealer of the installed parts/kit in this bike purchaced from them. Look over your papers you got from them about the bike when you bought it. See if it states this upgrade. But remember it was a used bike and that may be in the dealers favor. Good luck.

So, the dealer should have never been allowed to sell this bike as streetable, HMMMM, good point:D

So, the dealer should have never been allowed to sell this bike as streetable, HMMMM, good point:D

Especially when HE built it in their HD shop Before it was sold, then stated it had a 2 year warranty to the new buyer...

signed....BUBBIE

Especially when HE built it in their HD shop Before it was sold, then stated it had a 2 year warranty to the new buyer...

signed....BUBBIE

Another very good point Bubbie, it will be interesting to see how this plays out, I hope its a happy ending, Capital Jack

I'd be suprised if the MOCO covered upgrades done by anyone to include a dealer. Most warrantee's clearly state that any modifications will void the warrantee for any failure involving that part of the vehicle. If you look at the HD catalog it clearly worns:

WARNING
Installation of Screamin' Eagle Products, and similar products from other manufacturers, except some street legal offerings installed by authorized Harley dealers, may affect your H-D limited vehicle warranty. See your dealer for more information.

I hope this works out for the best for you.

is it the top end that is abd or the crank case???? if it is the top end that is bad i have everything you would need to do a topend 103

Back