free website stats program Visibility: LIGHTS | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Visibility: LIGHTS

With a Harley Cruiser (or any make/model with this setup), which do you believe INCREASES your DAYTI

• Ride with you high beams on.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • No high beams. Just ride with your big light and 2 spots on.

Votes: 71 91.0%
  • doesnt matter drive as defensively as you can

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The best thing you can do without mods is to remember to tap your foot brake or handbrake a couple times before applying brakes fully under most "normal" conditions. It is cheap and a good habit to help prevent rear end collisions.

Yes I did add driving lights, LED and bright halogen lighting as the OEM ones would fail, but the thing that saved me from most accidents IMHO is good ol' fashioned defensive or rather assertive driving...i.e. pretend you are invisible in traffic and always have the foot brake pedal and hand lever covered, along with practice-practice-practice!

Dont forget hand signals. I somtimes think they get me noticed more then the lig:newsmile055:hts. I use them second nature

One of the reasons I added driving lights to my FLHX last winter - added visibility. Between them & the Osram bulb/headlight - pretty bright. I still ride in "defense-mode" all the time...sometimes all the lights in the world don't seem to illuminate enough.

Back