free website stats program Virago rat bobber | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Virago rat bobber

Yea, well to be honest.. In my earlier post i was looking for an excuse to bring an old bike back to life... But on the same side i enjoy running down dirt roads at 50mph, but not on a bike i have over 10k invested in... I guess thats where i was trying to go with that. Anyway, i'm actually kinda excited about this little project i've been working on... Hopefully my next chop/bobber will be an old ironhead... That would be a blast!

So, got the emblems shaved off/bondo'd over, and got my first base coat on the fork tubes and tank... Bodywork was OK, but not perfect. Mounted the horns under the solo seat to kind of give it that "springer seat" look... Took a picture or two.

I got it to fire up while choked, it will immediatly die. :(
Replaced all the vacum lines, still the same... I think tomorrow i'm going to investigate the float bowl level with a piece of aquarium tube. It'll fire after its been sitting 10-20 mins, but then die like its starving for gas...
Anyway, heres a recent pic of what i have going on.

100_0860.jpg

That wee project is coming together i am sure you now have a desperate desire to get it running just to give it a wee try out

Brian

Well, i figured out the problem and got it fired up... It was the vacum lines to the petcocks, simple stuff i overlooked. Rode it around for a day or two and got an offer for way more than i had in it. SOLD Now i guess i find myself another project.. lol

Wow that was quick going from start on a personal project to sale for a profit i always manage to make a loss on these sort of things

Brian

Back