free website stats program vintage riders | Harley Davidson Forums

vintage riders

Welcome to HDT from the Rocky Mountains.
I don't but I sure would like to own one. If you have one maybe you can post some pics.

I have not, but I have worked on a VLD 80 inch Flathead Restoration, I had to make new fins for the heads, new valve guides, fit new rings, paint the heads and cases the correct colors and bake them in the oven to cure
1934-harley-davidson-vld-2.jpg
This is what the bike should look like

The bike I mentioned belongs to a friend of mine who has 30 plus bikes including an original low mile completly stock Sturgis, and HD snowmobiles

Uncle Dave is a good friend of ours he has been to o our house in Mn several times, He loved our son Josh and on the way to work 1 day he saw Josh and said get to school, he always let Josh sit on new bikes @ Twin Cities Harley and made sure he had a stool so he could play the pinball machine, Josh helped Jack with the VLD engine

Uncle Dave as I call him has worked @ the same dealer ship for 0ver 35 years, has international sales, a basement and garage full of parts. 1 day a young man stopped by to purchase his low number original Sturgis model, once he started saying how he was going to chop it Uncle Dave nicely told him the bike was no longer for sale, He has borrowed me bikes from his collection with a phone call any time I need 1, one trip to Sturgis, it was Jeffs first time, the anniversary Bagger I was riding caught fire, the battery cable rubbed on the rear cylinder, I put a new cable on it. In Rapid city it had NO rear brakes, Jeff went and got some brake fluid for me we bled it and rode off to Deadwood to meet Breeze and Craig @ saloon #10, Thanks Jeff

Back