free website stats program Vintage HD Dealer Gold Ring - need info | Harley Davidson Forums

Vintage HD Dealer Gold Ring - need info

HDAaron

Hey everyone!
So really random question here. Wasn't sure where to post it.

I'm looking for info on a gold ring my dad got back in the 80s. He was a HD dealer in the 60s-80s here in Canada and at one point Harley had a promo for sales people that if you hit a certain number of sales per year you'd get this gold ring. Then every year after you got a diamond put on the ring.
Anyway, he has a gold ring with a #1 on it and two diamonds for the three years he hit the top sales.
He remembers it being from the early 80s.
We're just looking to get an idea if this is worth anything, so he knows how safe to keep it.

Has anyone here ever seen one? Was it common back then for dealers? I've searched collectable sites and forums and can't find anything about it. So we're not sure if it was a local/area/Canada thing HD was doing to boost sales, or if it was a common thing in the early 80s? Pic attached.

Any info is great!

Attachments

• IMG_20170614_084221.jpg
    IMG_20170614_084221.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 15
I'd go to a jewelry shop and get an appraisal and look in to what a local dealer can tell you about those it may be worth more to your dad due to the memories then to somebody that has nothing else to do with it but buy it.
You could also call the factory and see who they can transfer you to to find out about the history with that ring and was it a local Awards or related to all dealerships.

Back