free website stats program Vintage Harley Racing Motorcycle Oil Can | Harley Davidson Forums

Vintage Harley Racing Motorcycle Oil Can

Lincoln.Clark89

Curious on what an old harley oil can is worth and what the date on it is???

Attachments

• 328050_4388633801399_2107162053_o[1].jpg
    328050_4388633801399_2107162053_o[1].jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 56
I'll take a Guess, and say it's no older than mid 60's, because it has .948 liters listed prominently next to 1 Quart. The US was getting all geared up in the late 60's to go metric like the rest of the world. Before then, most oil cans only referred to quart. If liters was listed, it was small & on the back.
Price? Might try ebay, & see if there's any for sale.

I'm gonna just take a guess and say early to mid '70's. The logo at the top reminds me of a tank emblem from the AMC years.

Cheers!
WAP.gif

1960s Power Blend came out after that in a black and Gray can:D

I'll take a Guess, and say it's no older than mid 60's, because it has .948 liters listed prominently next to 1 Quart. The US was getting all geared up in the late 60's to go metric like the rest of the world. Before then, most oil cans only referred to quart. If liters was listed, it was small & on the back.
Price? Might try ebay, & see if there's any for sale.

The Harley Davidson at the top of the can looks like the tank badge from a 1966 FL hint hint:p

I have an AM radio I won at a swap meet in I'm thinking 1979 .
Looks like this can.

The guys from American Pickers would probably want that. I've seen them purchase a lot of oil/gas/motorcycle collectibles on the show.

Back