free website stats program Vin Plant code | Harley Davidson Forums

Vin Plant code

Metmop32703

I own a 2011 HD Dyna SuperGlide Custom but on the VIN it shows a plant code of C. I can't find that location anywhere. I was just curious if anyone knows where my bike was assembled. The HD website shows all the locations but none that make sense for C.

I see
J for milwaukee.
T for tomahawk
Y for York
K for kansas.

but no C

VIN:

1HD1gv41XBCXXXXXX ( I X'd out the check digit and the individual sequential number.

Only place I could see is Valley View Ohio, in Cleveland area. But it makes no sense because I don't believe they build bikes.

Someone will chime in I am sure. BTW, NICE ride!

I just got off the phone with the dealer.... they don't know. They think because in 2011 they are recycling the year code part of the VIN They (harley) decided to change the Plant codes to distinquish between the two. Ie if you look at my VIN a year code of B could be 2011 or 1981 but the 81 would have a plant code of Y,T,J,K but a 2011 has VIN plant codes of ?,C,?,?. Still doesn't help me figure out the plant of manufature.... but atleast it makes sense.

Not sure which would be worse..... china or canada..... either way it not the US.... but I really doubt HD would do that...... it would have been in the news before then.....

I have a 2011 dyna superglide too with
the same plant code of C.
in the owners manual on pages 15 & 16,
Vin Breakdown:
assembly plant - C = Kansas City,Mo U.S.A.

Don

I have a 2011 dyna superglide too with
the same plant code of C.
in the owners manual on pages 15 & 16,
Vin Breakdown:
assembly plant - C = Kansas City,Mo U.S.A.

Guess if "J" stands for Milwaukee, there's no reason "C" can't stand for Kansas City. :swoon
Why does everybody have to complicate things these days???
"M" for Milwaukee and "K" for Kansas City would just make so much more sense, but I'm sure one of the suit and tie guys at Harley making 7 figures a year, had nothing better to do than come up with this brain storm. :laugh

Oh sure complicate things by reading the owners manual...... but now that I have pulled mine out.... C = kansas city

Back