Viking Saddlebags

Discussion in 'Accessories and Merchandise Collections.' started by mleblanc, May 23, 2013.

1. mleblanc

mleblanc Member

Anybody use them? I have been looking at allot of saddlebags online and I really seem to like what Viking Saddlebags has to offer. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger and I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this product. I am thinking about purchasing their quick disconnect mounting system as well.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

3. lorne

lorne Senior Member

i saw some on a bike a couple years ago at the Galveston Rally, the lady who had them said they were great. i thought about getting some for mine...then i bought the ones attached to my Road King but still kept the softail :D

4. mleblanc

mleblanc Member

Yep, those are the ones. They look really sharp and I like the locking system, the only thing I am not crazy about is how I am perceiving the quick detach mounting bracket is going to look when the bags are installed. It looks like a big ugly gap from the picture :(

5. keith217

keith217 Member

Did you end up getting the saddle bags? Any chance of getting some pictures if you did...
    Trying to get a feel out for how these will look on my bike too. From what I learned from my research, is the mounting hardware isn't the best and is DIY.

Vikingcycle Universal SS Side Pocket Studded Saddlebags - Nomad CHAR-600-S - saddlebags - Motorcycle Luggage Is viking Cycle the same ?

6. sportriderrr

sportriderrr Member

I wonder if they have something for my Softail. They look really nice! Did you end up buying them afterall?

7. sportriderrr

sportriderrr Member

8. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

I know this is a little bit of an older post, but I came across it and decided to check them out. Well I ended up purchasing their THOR series bags. The price was $99 plus shipping. Well they gave me 15% off, so I got them for $85 plus shipping for a total of $110. Shipping takes 3-5 days standard.
    While browsing the site, Ed, I guess the owner, made contact with me through text message. He helped me out a lot and was really friendly. So far, I really like this company. I can't wait to get my bags! I will let you all know about the quality of them once they arrive. but so far I am very pleased. Ed even told me that if I made an installation video, he would refund me $30!! How cool is that?

Motorcycle Saddlebags & Luggage Expert | Viking Motorcycle Bags

9. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I bought my bags at Leatherup,when I had a bike that I needed to add them to.

10. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

LOL, Yea I noticed a lot of guys get a big bagger after a certain point. I don't know many guys my age who own baggers, unless its a big stretched out one with he big ol front wheel and stretched bags blah blah blah... lol. But I did check Leatherup, as well as J&P and several local shops before I ordered the Viking bags. According to my tracking number they should arrive by Tuesday, which is only 2 business days in shipping. I've NEVER gotten anything shipped that fast unless I paid an exorbitant amount of money for overnight.