free website stats program Victory Cross Country ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Victory Cross Country ??

Look interesting, No Harley, but nothing "Gunuine" is... :D

Victory Cross Country
tn45s30.jpg

Victory Vision Tourer:
tn46s30.jpg

Last edited:
I don't care how much they try, they just aint. Way too much Arlen Ness drama going on with the Victory MC's IMO. They may be domestic, but they sure try to be metric. Sorry, but I think they are ugly. I owned a 1999 Victory Cruiser, the first year they came out, and even though they have improved in most everything, they have went down hill in their style. I think the original was the best. But then this is JMHO. Look like it has a plastic dress on.

well Guys we are talking here with the 2 different makers.To me, comparissons is getting betwen same things,so any comparisson for me, is waste of time. Let's face it as two companies.
Victory is a" new" company and tries to get as much as the bigger piece of pie in the market,so any style, foturist or not points to this. On the other side HD is a legend.
I have a friend who rides a Victory Kingpin and is very satisfied and when show the new models was so admired. Personally I prefer the old styles

Many good comments and all correct. Victory is about 10 years old. Very young compared to the Motor Company. But, a great product and appealing to the younger crowd. Competition for HD - you bet. Higher quality product - maybe so. Faster engine stock against stock - maybe so. American motorcycle - without a doubt.

Let's face the facts. There are no bad bikes out there anymore. Buying a motorcycle is like picking a wife (hope my wife don't read this). You want something that makes you happy. If you test ride a motorcycle and don't "feel it in you soul", it's not the bike for you. In January, I rode every bike I came across looking for the right one. This would be MY bike. Opinions and peer pressure doesn't matter anymore. I'm 55, retired, been riding for 40 years, and have money. I don't care if people make fun of what I ride. Their attitude does not influence me. I cut my teeth on Honda's and Kawasaki's, and I have the guts to admit it.

There are those out there that will not face the truth that motorcycling is motorcycling. We get on this kick that one is better than the other, buy what we don't want because we're afraid our friends will make fun of us. But, when it comes down to it, the only one that we need to make happy is ourselves.

After all of my riding, soul searching, evaluation, and research - I bought an 2010 Ultra Classic. No regrets. Still in Baghdad and haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Why - because it was like picking out a wife. It just felt right for me.

Rob Dog, I agree, the peer pressure here is tremendous...after so much "soul searching" picking a wife is so much "easier"...LOL :swoon

Looks to me like just another motorcycle, nothing very catchy at all. Im not running to the local dealer to trade my harley.

Many good comments and all correct. Victory is about 10 years old. Very young compared to the Motor Company. But, a great product and appealing to the younger crowd. Competition for HD - you bet. Higher quality product - maybe so. Faster engine stock against stock - maybe so. American motorcycle - without a doubt.

Let's face the facts. There are no bad bikes out there anymore. Buying a motorcycle is like picking a wife (hope my wife don't read this). You want something that makes you happy. If you test ride a motorcycle and don't "feel it in you soul", it's not the bike for you. In January, I rode every bike I came across looking for the right one. This would be MY bike. Opinions and peer pressure doesn't matter anymore. I'm 55, retired, been riding for 40 years, and have money. I don't care if people make fun of what I ride. Their attitude does not influence me. I cut my teeth on Honda's and Kawasaki's, and I have the guts to admit it.

There are those out there that will not face the truth that motorcycling is motorcycling. We get on this kick that one is better than the other, buy what we don't want because we're afraid our friends will make fun of us. But, when it comes down to it, the only one that we need to make happy is ourselves.

After all of my riding, soul searching, evaluation, and research - I bought an 2010 Ultra Classic. No regrets. Still in Baghdad and haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Why - because it was like picking out a wife. It just felt right for me.

:bigsmiley11: Well stated!

I buy what I like, not what I think someone else perfers.:)
There are many good bikes out there and a lot that I have ridden and liked.
I've owned many different brands over the years and liked them all. I always find it amusing when I come across those that bash any brand different from what they ride. How did they acquire so much knowledge of other brands if all they ever owned or rode was one? :newsmile011:
I've chosen different bikes at different times in my life for reasons that applied to that time. At 71 I find that a large Touring Bike with plenty of capacity suits my needs well. There are many fine choices out there that fill that niche. I chose the Ultra because of ergonomics,handling,style & price.
I had considered an R 1200 RT but price became an issue. I'm happy with the choice I made so far. I hope in 25,000 mi. I'll still be happy. :swoon
Nothing like miles & experence to know what ya got.:hii

Back