free website stats program vibrations | Harley Davidson Forums

vibrations

txtec

i have a 06 superglide and when acelerrating or holding steady 70 in 6th i have a vibration i can feel in pegs and grips .it slightly blurs mirros. it is at 2700 to 3000 rpm even in neutral.i have ridden 2 other 06s that didnt do this .the only diferrence is mine has forward controls. is this normal?? do the forwards have any thing to do eith this problem??

It depends on the severity of the vibration's. It could be a crank out of specs (shaft runout) or a number of other things. Best left to diagnose by a competent mechanic.

i just wonderd if other dynas had this problem,vibration is enough you cant read a license plate in mirros, and with 30 years exp. and 16 ase certifications in auto and heavy trucks i felt competent to make it a 95inch 98h.p. 102 trq. but the vibration was in the bike when i bought it.:yes

Had mine back(2006 lowrider) to the dealer twice, had a loose upper motor mount made it better but still vibrates excessively. When looking in my mirrors can tell color of what's behind me but don't know if it's a car, bus, or truck. Got the typical dealer response" It's a Harley", have had dressers since 1990 none as bad as this. Dealer took two bikes off the floor and rode them to compare, others also vibrated.

It depends on the severity of the vibration's. It could be a crank out of specs (shaft runout) or a number of other things. Best left to diagnose by a competent mechanic.

Right on, I am paranoid about this runout issue, and whether it comes on slowly (noticeable) or slowly until one day you say hey this isn't right.

Difficult to say how it is going to show up. Usually there's a reason for the cranks to be out like a sudden unexpected down shift where the engine is revved too quickly by the deceleration, or power shifting on acceleration could do it too but the shaking in the bike will let you know you have a problem usually. They have also caused problems with the oil pump when the run out is bad enough.

Back