free website stats program Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibration

Willyboy

Just got a 95 FLSTN. To me there is excessive vibration. A friend rode it and says it's not bad. Never had a HD with the rubber mounts so I don't know whats normal or not. Shouldn't it smooth out once your rolling ?

I don't know about 1995 models,but all the softies now are bolted to the frame,no rubber mounts.

I have a 92 softail yep it vibrates engine is not rubber mounted on the softail frame, making an informed choice of handgrips seat and footrests can reduce the amount of vibration felt by the rider but you will never get clear vision from the mirrors

Brian

Your 95 is not rubber mounted. As for it smoothing out, it depends on your speed and the gear your are in. Fin has it right. Grips and floor boards will make a big difference.

Need to compare apples to apples. Part of the character of a Harley is the shake. Check out the shake on a FLH at idle and once moving smooth as glass.....

Softails prior to the introduction of the Twin Cam 88 in 1999 were not counter balanced and, consequently vibrate more than the TC88B motors even though both are hard mounted to the frame.

I had a softtail standard 02. Traded down for a Bike for cruising. It had no vibration so I didn't know if the 95 was normal or not.

I had a softtail standard 02. Traded down for a Bike for cruising. It had no vibration so I didn't know if the 95 was normal or not.

With the advent of the Twin Cam engines, the Softail models were given the "B" engine that has counter rotating balancers built in. The Evo's had no balancers and the vibration was, ummh, well, Fin said it nicely.

It is normal for '95. Should have bought an FL; a stripped down touring model makes a nice cruiser.

Back