free website stats program vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

vibration

galxl68

I have a 2012 Electra Glide police. first chance to ride since I bought it in Dec. It vibrates alot more than my 2006 Softail I had at idle. I can also feel it when I let off the throttle and glide in gear. Can the motor mount be bad with 16000 miles?

I believe that your softail had a B motor which has less vibration at idle and rolloff and also less power.

Your bikes drivetrain is all rubber mounted. The engine moves around a lot at idle, but smoothes out underway. Your softail engine was solid mounted with counter balancers inside the cases.

A 2012 with 16000 miles the mounts should be ok but keep in mind especially the front mount gets a lot of abuse and will deteriorate faster due to oil spills during oil changes. I agree with the above posts but it won't hurt to check the front mount periodically to make sure it's up to snuff.

HD12FLHP007.gif

#8 are your lower mounts, check the top stabilizer also

Not likely that the front motor mount is bad but the later mounts are very stiff. Replace it with the Glide Pro front mount; it will make you smile.:D

+1 on the Glide Pro front mount. I started thread after changing mine out. Took about half an hour and cruising at 75 mine rides like a car.

Back