free website stats program Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibration

little_earl

I have a 10 model ultra. last week while out on a ride I backed my left foot up against the heel shifter and felt a good bit of vibration. I was going about 75. I'm not sure if this is a problem becuse I don't feel it in the seat or handle bars. I have 7000 mi. on this scooter and had a Heritage before.Is this normal ?

I have a 10 model ultra. last week while out on a ride I backed my left foot up against the heel shifter and felt a good bit of vibration. I was going about 75. I'm not sure if this is a problem becuse I don't feel it in the seat or handle bars. I have 7000 mi. on this scooter and had a Heritage before.Is this normal ?

I can't speak directly on the 10 model, but my 05 RG has some vibes if I move my boot back against the shifter. If I put my hand down on the rear cyl I can feel the same thing. I don't think it's anything to worry about, with the motor being rubber mounted there has to be some shaking.

on my ultra, 1999, there is a lot of shaking from the motor, but you don't feel hardly any of it unless your touching the shift lever, brake pedal, or, the worst is when you are stopped and you hit one of the brakes. That will shake the change out of your pockets.

Earl I have an 09 and feel vibration on the shifter also. Gotta be normal it's a Harley. :D

And if you really want to feel some vibes, let me know when your in the northwoods. You can stop by and ride my 74 xlch. That will shake the fillings out of your teeth!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

Common problem with heal toe shifter set up, I reduced vibration with a cut down valve spring placed behind the shifter, you can use wave washers also Google

its a rubber mounted engine so when the engine vibrates it pushes and pulls on the shift rod and cos the other end is fixed to the frame it jiggles the gear lever, try revving the engine in neutral and watch the gear lever move.

And if you really want to feel some vibes, let me know when your in the northwoods. You can stop by and ride my 74 xlch. That will shake the fillings out of your teeth!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

When I went from my '68 xlch to a rubber mount '82 low rider it was like going from a skate board to a cadillac. Vibration is part of the H-D thing.

You are coming from the balanced engine in the softail to the unbalanced engine in your current ride. People will have different opinions but the "B" motor is smoother and doesn't shake your filling and rear view mirrors loose. On both engines if they experience flywheel shift your problem will be even worse. I personally like the Deluxe that I ride.:)

Back