free website stats program vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

vibration

Being you have said with prior experience that the vibration that is occuring is simular to a drive belt issue you have had before , and you posted that you had damage to your axle nut cover , perhaps you should take a look in to your axle, swing arm (bushings) and pully.I would say if the vibration is more pronounced in your foot pegs then your issues would be in that area .

handle bars vibrate more than pegs.

I put wrench to front mount and torqued it to 70, about a full turn. no difference.

I will next put it in air and re verify steering head is ok then will change front mount. Rear mount is more surgery so it will be third in line.

Damage to rear axle cover was very minimal, scuff bottom edge, no way would it do anything to the swing arm.

I think it comes from hitting curb. I suspect forks do play part in vibration controll, internal damage may play part in this. This will be the last thing as it is a little involved.

I tried to replace front isolators, I followed manual and could not get the right isolator out. I slid engine as far to the left as possible. THe edge of the tube would not clear the engine case or the frame. Tube protrudes on both sides of the isolator. I did replace the right one and buttoned it up. The vibration has improved but not back to normal yet.

Any one know of a trick to get the right isolator out ?

Back