free website stats program Vibration issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibration issues

Crocker

I have always looked for ways to solve the vibration loose bolt/nut problem on my bikes prone areas like exhaust brakets /flange /bolt/nuts /battery connections. Well just by chance the old mom and pop hardware store had my solution.and now that I am getting my bikes ready for this year I have found that by adding Nord-lock washers to these areas I am issue free .all my torque specs held without one single problem. So if you have issues in certain areas of your bike that require you to keep checking them, then you want to get NORD-LOCK washers . I have not looked for these online because I found them at my old mom n pop hardware store in town,but if you can find them give them a try. I used the stainless version on the exhaust areas and regular (think zinc ) on the battery terminals. I paid .80-1.00 a pc for them so they are expensive in terms of washers but they work great and keep me issue free.:newsmile01:

Just looked at their CAD drawing, what a great design. Wish I had thought of it. When I get to town I'll be looking for them at my local fastener store. Thanks for the information.

Just looked at their CAD drawing, what a great design. Wish I had thought of it. When I get to town I'll be looking for them at my local fastener store. Thanks for the information.

Clever item, looks like it can gall aluminum.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• newmutter2[1].jpg
    newmutter2[1].jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 30
Awesome, they should call this a smart washer, it could change the way we think about fasteners IMO

Back