free website stats program Very thankful tonight | Harley Davidson Forums

Very thankful tonight

Slowrider

The wife and I just got the news that our nephew was in a motorcycle accident today. From what we understand he was traveling on a highway in southeast Iowa about 55 - 60 when a Chevy 1500 pickup driven by a lady ran a stop sign. He hit the truck with enough impact that the truck flipped ejecting the driver. He is bruised and scraped but has no major injuries. He may be released as soon as tomorrow from the hospital. From what I was told the driver of the truck has more serious injuries but should also recover. He says he does not remember much until getting loaded in the ambulance. He was riding a Dyna that he inherited from his dad that he lost a couple of years back. I know our family will be sending prayers of thank for this young father of two knowing that it could have been much worse.

So many times we get a reminder here on this forum that we need to always be prepared as best we can for the unexpected.

Ride Safe

Slowrider,
I am very glad to hear that he is going to be ok, and amazed that he has only scrapes and bruises,

Thanks for sending us a reality check, to keep on watching out

Glad your nephew only had minor injuries and will recover...really fortunate and wishing a speedy mend...!:newsmile071:

Slowrider, I also hope you nephew and also the lady that hit him have a quick recovery. And I also hope you nephews bike can be repaired since I'm sure to him it's not just a bike, but a remembrance of his lost father.

Back