free website stats program Very angry customer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Very angry customer

Redfish, so how do YOU think this happened? Could the bike have been run without it's mufflers or what?

There is a pipe clamp about two inches forward. The pipe has a split on the inside allow the piped to be put together and clamped. I would say the clamp was loose or off during the test ride.

Have you checked the fuel line going to the starter? if the fuel line bushings are warn this could be the problem. :D

They said the changed that already but I have no record of it.:D

Just looked at my buddies 09 Road glide. It looks like you could replace the clutch cable without pulling the exhaust. The wires and brake hose are well away from the exhaust and the clutch cable. If they decided to pull the exhaust thy could have used a torch to heat the coupling; one slip would have melted that wire cover. The wires are probably OK but it looks like junk. They should have just admitted what happened.
Might be in Slidell in a couple of weeks at Textron.

08 has different exhaust setup. You can remove the transmission cover with a shortened allen wrench but it takes a little time to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
not to make light of a serious situation but are you sure you are in louisiana? sounds like a mike's famous trick from delaware. you're facing an uphill battle w/ dealers. good luck. would like to say been there but i'm still there.

not to make light of a serious situation but are you sure you are in louisiana? sounds like a mike's famous trick from delaware. you're facing an uphill battle w/ dealers. good luck. would like to say been there but i'm still there.

Maybe twin sons from different mothers.:newsmile100:

Sorry to hear about all this Joe and hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction.
My concern is that I am near Slidell and thought MB's NSHD was a decent shop. Please keep us all informed of proceedings with them.

Anyone have any info on the Hammond HD shop or even Baton Rouge HD??
good or bad

Bill

Sorry to hear about all this Joe and hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction.
My concern is that I am near Slidell and thought MB's NSHD was a decent shop. Please keep us all informed of proceedings with them.

Anyone have any info on the Hammond HD shop or even Baton Rouge HD??
good or bad

Bill

Hammond is the reason I wound up at Slidell. Slidell used to treat me good. I have brought people there who bought three bikes. But they should have never lied to the manager about not working on my bike.

I deal with the Mike Bruno's Houma shop. Very pleased with service and people. Just don't like the prices but thats what H.D. stands for, hundreds of dollars. Good luck with bike repairs.

RF Joe:

I'm waiting to hear the results from this one. I along with you am very disappointed to hear this about MB's NSHD. As you know they rescued my butt when I broke down in Mobile, AL and limped there under your reccommendation, and treated me better than any HD shop I had ever been too. Good shops and the managers that make them that way are so few and far between (literally and figuratively).

I am hoping (and praying) this turns out in your favor and we can once again keep them on the list of reliable place to go for help (especially on the road since it is a huge midway point between Texas and South Florida).

Keep us informed, good luck!

GG

Last edited:
Redfish -This is inexcusable. How could a dealer possible deny the fact that they worked on your bike. Especially with all the documentation that you have. This is such a shame after all the business that you and by recommending Friends to buy there.The fact that all the friction they are creating tells me that there are some really bad business practices in place. Hopefully they will own up to it and just take care of it like they should have from the start. If not I guess a attorney is going to be needed to solve this one. Best of luck to you.

Back