free website stats program Vertigo, any one here have it | Harley Davidson Forums

Vertigo, any one here have it

J

Jack Klarich

I have been having attacks since October, they come on with NO warning. I have the Redhead do the Epley maneuver she cranks my head sOOOOO hard I think it is falling off. I told her as long as I am dizzy I might as well start drinking again after being sober for 27 years:p

If you are for real. Yes I have them and its a real problem at times. Once I get moving it don't bother me but when I stop and walk around it comes back. Dr.s don't know what the cause is. I had a stroke last year but I had this problem before that. If you find out please let me know how to fix the problem.

If you are for real. Yes I have them and its a real problem at times. Once I get moving it don't bother me but when I stop and walk around it comes back. Dr.s don't know what the cause is. I had a stroke last year but I had this problem before that. If you find out please let me know how to fix the problem.

It is for real, I am going to ENT Dr Never had this problem before it is a real bummer
Sorry to hear of your stroke, I will keep you informed as I learn more

Jack perhaps it is part of your deterioration with age as we all seem to get afflicted with new health issues as we get older you are however blessed to have your redhead by your side during this time

Brian

I used to get dizzy only on the warmest days,it seemed.I actually was just too close to the vehicle in front of me,and exhaust was getting to me.But,at first, before I figured it out,I thought it might be vertigo.Plus,I think when you stop suddenly you can feel like your still going,a little.Anyway,it got to the point of me coming real close to dropping the kickstand,a couple times.I also got a real case of it,during a migraine once,couldn't get up off the floor.Fell asleep,woke up and it was gone.

My mom at 74 years old fell to the floor in the early morning at her house, it was 4pm before she was able to knock a phone off the table and call me. She laid on the floor all day with the house spinning around her head because she took the emergency phone diaer pendant out of her walker(i let her have it later for that one). So, I call 911 and the ambulance takes her to the E.R., diagnosis, vertigo. They admit her for observation for 2 days and discover her blood pressure is pretty high which is very unusual for her, it has always been on the low side. Off to rehab for a week where they get her on bp meds. I took her to a family doctor and she said, not vertigo! Gotta get that BP under control. That day her BP was ridiculously high like 210/70! Doctor said it was a miracle that she didn't have a stroke! Anyways, get it looked at Jack, and buy one of those BP machines at Walgreens if you don't already have one! I hope you don't have either vertigo or high BP but both are easily treatable brother!

I don't know if I would call what I have experienced vertigo but 4 times this year I had some weird thing happen 1 time while riding a familiar route early in the morning the road stated to feel like it was moving and I could no longer see the ditches they just looked pitch black like I was riding on a ribbon that was swaying I pulled over under a light and got my doogies back together after just a minute or 2 tops I was off again...then had almost the same thing happen again on another road in the country..told my doc and they gave me a MRI they said I had some clouding in my brain told me it could be a sign of early dementia...all this in last 4 months...I have had several concussions over the years and was in a coma one time so.good luck

Only when Breeze is around! :s

That should bring Lorne out of hiding......

Seriously, I hope you get to the bottom of it real soon Jack.

About 15 yrs. ago I had to quit climbing steel for a while as I experienced severe vertigo at the most inopportune times. (hanging off of a girder connecting beams) After many tests were done it was found that I had developed an inner ear problem from a virus I had gotten earlier in the year. A small operation repaired the damage.

I had some ear issues a few years ago. There's nothing that will rattle you more than a loud screech in your ear and then having your sight picture suddenly tilt at a 10 or 15 degree angle. I'm glad I was in the car and not on the bike.

I was very dizzy and had a hard time keeping the car between the lines on the road. It passed after 10 seconds or so. But it seemed like an hour. The was the worst episode. I had vertigo off and on for 2 months until I got the ears issues taken care of.

Back