free website stats program vertically challanged (legs to short) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

vertically challanged (legs to short)

I'm 5"7', 29 inch inseam with an '09 Ultra Classic. Thicker boots yes but what really helped was the HD lowering kit front and back which turned the bike into basically a street glide. I'm not an aggressive rider so can't speak for performance degradation except to say I haven't noticed any. Rode from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Sturgis and back last August and had a fine time on the bike. Lowering the bike worked for me, your mileage may vary...

To answer your question on which seat I am referring to I'm talking about the stock Low seat that came on the late production 2010 Electra Glides. This is not a reach seat but actually sits as low or lower than a reach seat but doesn't move you forward. I might add when you hear that the new Mustang lowdown sits 1 1/2 inches lower than stock they are referring to the 2009 and early production 2010 Electra Glides.The Mustang lowdown sits very close to the same height as the stock Low seat. The stock low seat is stamped Low on the underneath side.When looking at the seat while it's on the bike you can see a difference in the stitch pattern.

Back