free website stats program Velva-Ride Mounts & Stabilizers...Worth the $$ | Harley Davidson Forums

Velva-Ride Mounts & Stabilizers...Worth the $$

harrly

Hi HDT'ers...Wishing all of you Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year. Got about 30,000 miles on my 99 Road King and have been feeling a bit more vibes than it used to produce. Nothing unbearable but thought it may be time for some new stabilizers and motor mount. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Velva-Ride products and if they are worth the money? Thanks in advance.

mount12.jpg

No experience with them, but $250 is a bit high for the privilege...

At $250 I wouldn't give them a thought either...But I have seen them around for about $180 for both the items (mnt.+ stabilizers) Was hoping someone has had some experience with them.
Thank you for your response.

I had both the stabilizers and motor mount on my 94 Ultra after I installed an S&S 113. Much better than the stock mount - but I don't remember any difference with the stabilizers - except the front one failed at about 5000 miles. Also installed the mount in my 05 Ultra after I installed an S&S 124. The stock mount was waaay too soft for the 124. I had over 100,000 miles on tne mount on the 94 without any problems. The velva mount is a lot stiffer than the stock mount.

Both the big motors jumped around quite a bit, especially at idle, with the stock mounts and smoothed out with the stiffer velva rides. Maybe slightly more vibration felt at idle, but a big improvement at 1500 + RPM. The stock mounts were unacceptable (to me) at all RPM with the big motors. I didn't run the velva ride mounts with the stock motors so I don't know how they would perform with that application.

Back