free website stats program vans and hines slipons for sportster | Harley Davidson Forums

vans and hines slipons for sportster

melon

ive been looking for a set of vans and hines slipons for my 1993 sportster but the local harley shop says they do not sell them any more for my year of a bike. i have been looking on the internet and at there website but thats no help. do they still make them for my year or whats the deal? can anyone suggest an exaust for a 1200 without having to rejet the carb if i decide to go with a complete new set up rather than slipons? i thought about screaming eagle slipons but harley shop said they are not really loud but im just looking for louder than the stock ones on them now, i want to be heard but not deaf while riding. thanks ahead for any help you guys may have.

Welcome Melon, you could think about getting a 1 7/8'' hole drill bit and cutting the weld on your stock mufflers, jerk out the baffles and install a st of buffles from Big City Thunder. Might have to rejet but you could call them and I'm sure they could tell you. Might be a cost efficient solution and you would know they fit.

Big City Thunder - Exhuast Dynamics

S&S MAKES SOME GOOD SOUNDING SLIP-ON FOR YOUR YEAR IF YOU WANT NEW MUFFLERS.

S&S Cycle - Performance Parts for American V-Twins

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know V&H even made a slip on. I went with the short shots, and yes! they are real loud! They do make a quit baffle for them, but I'm told they don't work too well. SE may be your best bet. If you still have a stock air cleaner, you shouldn't have to rejet . You my want to anyway. Best of luck, HOLLYWOOD..................

Replacing baffles in stock mufflers is likely the way to go...as baffles in 1 7/8" cost $15 a pair on up to $100.

I went a more expensive route, went with straight drag pipes based on looks and sound, THEN put in the $15 baffles to satisfy my pillion partner and the neighbors...certainly not the cheapest way to go. Helps to use your head instead of your eyes and ears "only"! :newsmile011:

Replacing baffles in stock mufflers is likely the way to go...as baffles in 1 7/8" cost $15 a pair on up to $100.

I went a more expensive route, went with straight drag pipes based on looks and sound, THEN put in the $15 baffles to satisfy my pillion partner and the neighbors...certainly not the cheapest way to go. Helps to use your head instead of your eyes and ears "only"! :newsmile011:

Showing my ignorance here NEWHD, but, do you mean that you can increase the sound of your stock pipes by just replacing the baffles with some other type? Is that all you have to do? Would it effect performance?

Back