free website stats program Vance&Hines..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance&Hines.....

DYNAGUY

Installed today. Well i got my Slip-Ons . Put them on when i started bike up Black soot like stuff startd puffing out pipes. I hit throttle and man i tell you. You would not beleive the cloud of stuff that blowed out. Had to open garage door and walk outside.I am thinking it just was clearing out. Am i thinking right? BTW sounds simply AWSOME!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Not uncommon to get some carbon out the pipes with a new install. It shouldn't continue thou and if it does, there could be a problem there. It's most likely something due to the manufacturing process of the mufflers and has to burn off.

Not uncommon to get some carbon out the pipes with a new install. It shouldn't continue thou and if it does, there could be a problem there. It's most likely something due to the manufacturing process of the mufflers and has to burn off.

Took it for a spin. Every thing going fine. BTW Glider you know i just got a H_D download and them IED on bike. That download is a street legal EPA legal. I have no surging or popping noise. Accleration super. Do you think i am ok. Am prepared to buy a V/H fuel pak if needed . What do you think?

Hey Dynaguy, which download did you do? have you also done the stage I (SE air cleaner)? SORRY, SHOULD HAVE READ EARLIER POSTS BEFORE ASKING

Last edited:
Took it for a spin. Every thing going fine. BTW Glider you know i just got a H_D download and them IED on bike. That download is a street legal EPA legal. I have no surging or popping noise. Accleration super. Do you think i am ok. Am prepared to buy a V/H fuel pak if needed . What do you think?

With the IED and the adaptive fuel enrichment from the 02 sensors plus the download, I think you should be OK in the fuel department.
Difficult to understand if you GOT and additional download (stage 1) or if you are saying that you JUST have the download with no additional upgrades (downloads) here.

With the IED and the 02 sensors working, JUST the mufflers, you should be OK here. If you do the stage 1 intake, then you are going to be on the lean side and should use a fuel enrichment device. I agree with the V&H not being the best choice, their tech support is the pits if you have any trouble. The TFI is what I like for it's ease of installation and setup. Different views on this subject depending on your skills with a PC and how much time you want to spend with the setup .

Back