free website stats program Vance & Hines VO2 naked | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines VO2 naked

Sounds like K&N just got some competition. Same price as their high flow air filter and a washable element as well.

Hopefully some user reviews will show up soon.

I'm glad you posted this 09. I just installed the VO2 on my Fatboy this past weekend. The installation was pretty straight forward with the only problem figuring out where those doggone breather tubes fit into the picture. Actually it was pretty easy. Since the VO2 uses the stock breather cover the only way you can tell its been changed is that the plastic cocoon backing is now missing. Did it boost my power? Hard for me to tell since I did my stage 1 in stages (man, that's right out of the department of redundancy department, isn't it? :D). I have had V & H staggered shortshots on it for several weeks, they replaced longshots. Anyway, the bike runs well after it warms up to operating temp., no misses, coughs or other bothersome symptoms. Since this is my first Harley and the only one I've ever ridden I have nothing to compare it to. I do have a 99 stock Electra Glide, but its a trike so its hard to compare. I've tried to read everything here on HDT concerning stage 1, rejetting carbs, etc., but I guess I'll have to have some folks I trust ride the Fatboy and see if they have suggestions. I'm hoping someone on the forum will pipe up too. Take care and enjoy.
Ishmael

Just a little additional info for anyone thinking about installing the VO2, the diagram from their website is better than the one which comes with the instructions so print it off for reference. Rock on.
Ishmael

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you posted this 09. I just installed the VO2 on my Fatboy this past weekend. The installation was pretty straight forward with the only problem figuring out where those doggone breather tubes fit into the picture. Actually it was pretty easy. Since the VO2 uses the stock breather cover the only way you can tell its been changed is that the plastic cocoon backing is now missing. Did it boost my power? Hard for me to tell since I did my stage 1 in stages (man, that's right out of the department of redundancy department, isn't it? :D). I have had V & H staggered shortshots on it for several weeks, they replaced longshots. Anyway, the bike runs well after it warms up to operating temp., no misses, coughs or other bothersome symptoms. Since this is my first Harley and the only one I've ever ridden I have nothing to compare it to. I do have a 99 stock Electra Glide, but its a trike so its hard to compare. I've tried to read everything here on HDT concerning stage 1, rejetting carbs, etc., but I guess I'll have to have some folks I trust ride the Fatboy and see if they have suggestions. I'm hoping someone on the forum will pipe up too. Take care and enjoy.
Ishmael

Just a little additional info for anyone thinking about installing the VO2, the diagram from their website is better than the one which comes with the instructions so print it off for reference. Rock on.
Ishmael

Putting mine in this week. Hope it goes well

Like it alot. Could not tell a difference between Big Sucker and the V&H from a pwer perspective, but I like the vent hoses on the V&H, better than just a little ridge in the Big Sucker to direct any blow by into the intake and rather down into the filter.

My stock ham cover works great.

Installed mine the other evening. It took about 15 minutes. Appears very well made. I went for about a 80 mile ride afterwards and everything seems fine. I am not expecting a performance change over the SE intake. Like Grillfish I like the layout of the vent hoses as I have had some oil collect in my air filter.

Back