free website stats program Vance & Hines true duals on my 2004 ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines true duals on my 2004 ultra

Purchased Cobra true duals & got installation done late Sat. night , very impressed with Cobra fitment great , heat shields are also great looking & 2.5" & sounds great with Vance & Hines slip ons . As for the installation - had to do it over would of just cut the pipes in (2)places to shorten the job instead of taking all the connections apart(time consuming). Found out 2007 Ultras started the o2 sensors so I didn't have to worry about that , did purchase new gaskets & retainer rings . Cant wait for some warmer weather now & salt to be washed off the roads here in Ohio to see how much performance I get from the true duals . Happy - happy !!:)

07 started the 02 sensors on Ultras . Had the screaming eagle race tuner installed & the stock exhaust on my 04 ultra & never had the 02 sensors when I purchased the bike 3 yrs back . Is there a need if the screaming eagle race tuner doesn't work off 02 sensors ?? Please don't tell me to go to thunder max or something comparable with 02 sensors & a realy big investment .

Had dyno tuned @ local dealership in Medina 18 months back prior to installing the true duals this December . Hoping the screaming eagle tuner adjusts some & im not running too lean with the true duals . Realy dont want to spent the $275 for another dyno if its not necessary. Im sure if i did have 02 sensors & an updated tuner it would automatically adjust .

I have no idea how I have not seen this thread that started in Nov., until today.
Forget o2 sensors. Your 2004 ECM is not programmed to recognize anything about them.

Thanks for info Breeze3 , just hoping I don't need to get another dyno tune . Hopefully with the new true duals I wont be running lean . Will check the plugs after 40-50 miles to confirm . I appreciate all the good info on this forum - ITS GREAT !!

Thanks for info Breeze3 , just hoping I don't need to get another dyno tune . Hopefully with the new true duals I wont be running lean . Will check the plugs after 40-50 miles to confirm . I appreciate all the good info on this forum - ITS GREAT !!

I would get her back on the dyno. If she is a bit lean with 255 cams in a 103" motor, detonation and/or nasty kick backs on heat soaked restarts could be an issue in the summer heat. The SERT will not make any adjustments and the dealer may try to sell you a Stage I or Stage II flash but pass on that for a proper tune or at least go to the TTS Mastertune site where Steve Cole has maps that you can download and try; still not as effective as a proper tune but better than the factory flash.

OK thanks dolt - had few of those nasty kickbacks last summer when I re-started after quick shut-off in hot weather .

Back