Vance & Hines Slip-Ons

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Bikergeek, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Bikergeek

Bikergeek Active Member

Not sure if I will really go ahead and do it but I have an important question for all you tech guys...

I am considering installing Vance & Hines Twin Slash Round Slip-Ons for my 2014 Street Glide which is totally stock. I would like a bit more (rubble) sound without making it annoying (to me).

Question: Will I be able to install these without doing any modifications; i.e., intake, downloads, etc.

My goal is only for sound and not necessarily performance (unless performance comes with the slip-ons).

2. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

That's what I did to mine and it's loud enough for Me.

3. bobalu

bobalu Active Member

Harttoo, did you remove the cat. conv. on your bike as well, or just add the slip-ons to the stock plumbing?

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

If you stay at 1.75" baffle or less install and enjoy the sound. No additional mods needed....
    You may gain approx. 5 H.P.

5. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

I did not remove the cat because it is not an issue for Me. I had Fuel Moto jackpot ceramic header and V&H twin slash rounds on My 2012,trying to reduce heat.Way too loud for Me.Neighbors dog would bark until I got around corner.Twin slash rounds and cat are just right for Me.I have a friend who had cat removed from His stock header and it is not as loud as the Jackpot was.Still louder than Mine.

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

The map on your bike will accept 1 change (read) exhaust or air cleaner with out major issues, however more fuel is always a big plus

7. bobalu

bobalu Active Member

Thanks. I'm asking because I'm interested in slip-ons as well, and I really don't want to remove the cat or get into changing the header pipe. I just want a bit louder/deeper sound. I didn't think slip-ons alone would make much difference in the sound with the cat, but it sounds like it might be o.k. :s