free website stats program Vance & Hines Slip-Ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines Slip-Ons

Bikergeek

Not sure if I will really go ahead and do it but I have an important question for all you tech guys...

I am considering installing Vance & Hines Twin Slash Round Slip-Ons for my 2014 Street Glide which is totally stock. I would like a bit more (rubble) sound without making it annoying (to me).

Question: Will I be able to install these without doing any modifications; i.e., intake, downloads, etc.

My goal is only for sound and not necessarily performance (unless performance comes with the slip-ons).

Not sure if I will really go ahead and do it but I have an important question for all you tech guys...

I am considering installing Vance & Hines Twin Slash Round Slip-Ons for my 2014 Street Glide which is totally stock. I would like a bit more (rubble) sound without making it annoying (to me).

Question: Will I be able to install these without doing any modifications; i.e., intake, downloads, etc.

My goal is only for sound and not necessarily performance (unless performance comes with the slip-ons).

If you stay at 1.75" baffle or less install and enjoy the sound. No additional mods needed....
You may gain approx. 5 H.P.

Harttoo, did you remove the cat. conv. on your bike as well, or just add the slip-ons to the stock plumbing?

I did not remove the cat because it is not an issue for Me. I had Fuel Moto jackpot ceramic header and V&H twin slash rounds on My 2012,trying to reduce heat.Way too loud for Me.Neighbors dog would bark until I got around corner.Twin slash rounds and cat are just right for Me.I have a friend who had cat removed from His stock header and it is not as loud as the Jackpot was.Still louder than Mine.

The map on your bike will accept 1 change (read) exhaust or air cleaner with out major issues, however more fuel is always a big plus

I did not remove the cat because it is not an issue for Me. I had Fuel Moto jackpot ceramic header and V&H twin slash rounds on My 2012,trying to reduce heat.Way too loud for Me.Neighbors dog would bark until I got around corner.Twin slash rounds and cat are just right for Me.I have a friend who had cat removed from His stock header and it is not as loud as the Jackpot was.Still louder than Mine.

Thanks. I'm asking because I'm interested in slip-ons as well, and I really don't want to remove the cat or get into changing the header pipe. I just want a bit louder/deeper sound. I didn't think slip-ons alone would make much difference in the sound with the cat, but it sounds like it might be o.k. :s

Back