free website stats program Vance & Hines Ovals mod | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines Ovals mod

EVGHOG

I have a set of VH Ovals on my 2009 RK with the stock headers. I have a stage 1 breather and a fuel pak. Everything else is stock. I'm looking to make the exhaust sound a little bit louder at cruising speed. Anybody run these pipes and modified them to be louder without compromising perfromance?

Ed

I'm not familiar with the V&H but I would suggest a graduated approach. If it has removable baffles are they wrapped in fiberglass ?

The least intrusive change would be removing the fiberglass packing or changing or modifing the baffles. Less backpressure will mean less low end power. Once you drill out welded in baffles you can't go back.

I heard a Ultra with true duals and Ovals that sounded a lot better and louder then mine with just the Oval slip ons. I will be changing mine in the not too distant future.

I heard a Ultra with true duals and Ovals that sounded a lot better and louder then mine with just the Oval slip ons. I will be changing mine in the not too distant future.

That's what I've heard also...Maybe I'll go that route as well. I just want a little more noise.

I'm not familiar with the V&H but I would suggest a graduated approach. If it has removable baffles are they wrapped in fiberglass ?

The least intrusive change would be removing the fiberglass packing or changing or modifing the baffles. Less backpressure will mean less low end power. Once you drill out welded in baffles you can't go back.

According to V&H these pipes are not glass packed. They also said exactly what you're saying - it's trial and error and may affect the performance adversely

Thanks for the feedback - Ed

Back