free website stats program Vance & Hines & combo.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines & combo....

I have installed the V&H Short Shots Staggered Black exhaust with SE Stage 1 A/C Kit and a FuelPak.

I originally had lots of popping on deceleration.

After some experimentation, I believe the sequence on the V&H instructions for installing the exhaust are incorrect and YOU NEED TO USE anti-sieze on the exhaust studs, or you will not get the correct to torques on the flange nuts during installation.

Instead of tightening the bracket bolts first as stated in the instructions, leave them lose but in, so that they are already there.

Then.... you might need two hands for this, line up the exhaust pipe and while holding it into the head for a perfect alignment, have someone else tighten up the exhaust flange nuts (use anti-sieze) to the specified torque values. (96 - 130 inch/lbs).. remember use anti-sieze on the stud and nut.

Now you can tighten the bracket bolts on the other end of the exhaust.

After 3 heat cycles, check the torque of the exhaust flange bolts and tighten if necessary.

My decleration popping is basically gone. I very rarely have any at all and I did not even replace the exhaust gaskets that came with the stock bike.

Back