free website stats program Vance & Hines & combo.... | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines & combo....

Does anyone have this combo, Vance & Hines straight slip-on, Screaming eagle Stage 1 air flow, and a Fuel Pack. I was going to install this in the spring and just wondering if anyone had any problems and how does the bike run and sound

thanks

08 1200c
have the slipon's and have the stage one. HD dealer did a down load. You will love the sound.

HD dealer down load seems ok. No back firing or popping. However at low speeds the bike does tend to jerk. Now I never opperated the bike with stock set up so I have nothing to compare with.

Keep us posted on the fuel pack once you load it.

Just installed the new pipes and fuel pack, it is loud enough to wake up the people next door and across the street. Love the sound and it runs excellent!!! I will post some pics later.

Have a '99 Ultra. Just did a roller chain conversion. Put a set of Andrews 26n cams, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and a TFI. The vance & Hines slip on's were a previous install. Bike runs great, and there is a difference in the sound from before, maybe because of the cams and the low restriction air cleaner.

Just installed the new pipes and fuel pack, it is loud enough to wake up the people next door and across the street. Love the sound and it runs excellent!!! I will post some pics later.

Asian Nightster,

Our Nightster has V&H, SE Stage 1 Aircleaner, and the dealer "download". It seems to be running lean. I am not very knowledgable on fuel injection systems and reading about the TFIs has me confused. Which Fuel Pack did you install; the V&H?

Bait

I installed a V&H fuel pak, very easy to install, just wondering if you are experiencing popping when decelarating with your dealer download.

Bait I installed a V&H fuel pak, very easy to install, just wondering if you are experiencing popping when decelarating with your dealer download.

Not normally, I noticed it once or twice when I ran it hard through the gears; I attributed it to the V&H short shots and possible incorrect fuel mixture. It is due for it's 1000K; we are taking it to the dealer for this one so they can verify the fuel mixture/down load and then we were going to decide what to do from there. The bike will never get upgraded as far as cams or the like so the V&H Fuel Pack sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I installed the Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered, V & H Quiet baffles, Screaming Eagle Stage 1 and Vance & Hines Fuel Pak. (Don't let the Quiet Baffles fool you, they sound great). Prior to install, I contacted 2 dealers and asked if this would (1) void the warranty and (2) advantages of them re-mapping vs. the fuel pak. Both stated the warranty would not be affected and the fuel pak was the better option. I appreciated their honesty and went ahead with the install. Although I have a FXDL, I think you will be impressed with the upgrades.:D

Back