free website stats program Vance Hines 2-1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance Hines 2-1

Monolith

Howdy,

I have the Vance and Hines 2-1 pipe with a stage one on my 06 Heritage. Power Commander and dyno tuned, and re-checked the dyno at another place. As perfect as they can make it.

My pipe turned gold and purple. I don't mind having it re-chromed but not until I find a way to prevent it from happening again. I live in Washington State so the climate is far from hot.

Any suggestions on things I can do that will keep the pipe from turning gold\purple again after I re-chrome it?

Monolith

Howdy,

I have the Vance and Hines 2-1 pipe with a stage one on my 06 Heritage. Power Commander and dyno tuned, and re-checked the dyno at another place. As perfect as they can make it.

My pipe turned gold and purple. I don't mind having it re-chromed but not until I find a way to prevent it from happening again. I live in Washington State so the climate is far from hot.

Any suggestions on things I can do that will keep the pipe from turning gold\purple again after I re-chrome it?

Monolith

I have the older Pro 2-1, the heatshields do cover over blue pipes. Is your muffler turning colour?

With my tune over the years my y-pipe has turned a bit gold!! looks nice too me.

You might want to run a bit richer! I have an S&S E carb... FI maps changes may help you.

The only color is on the "megaphone" section of the exhaust. The first section is pefect and the shield on on the "y" conector is perfect as well. It's the large cone part that is yello\purple.

The only color is on the "megaphone" section of the exhaust. The first section is pefect and the shield on on the "y" conector is perfect as well. It's the large cone part that is yello\purple.

Ive got the 2into1 pro also and it has a gold hue to it also, at the megafone. I had thought of wrapping it but don't know!!! It does perform much better than the stock pipes but for the price, I don't think they should turn colors.

Hi,
I have heard that there is nothing that V&H can do about the muffler changing color I had the same problem I now have the D&D exhaust no more problem.:bigsmiley11:

Back