free website stats program Vance and Hines X-Pipes scrape | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and Hines X-Pipes scrape

artfuentes

Took the bike out yesterday for a nice ride. I have a 2010 Ultra Limited with upgrades, one of which is a set of Vance and Hines Power Duals with Hi-Output slip on's. Well into a hard right turn I leaned the bike pretty aggressively and I scraped the xchamber cover. I lean pretty good on most turns, but this is the first time I scraped the pipes. Just wanted to put that out there in case you have these pipes. Usually the floorboards will scrape before the pipes would on most set up's, but not the case with these. I love them, and they sound great, just watch the lean....By the way I was maxed air in the shocks and tires, and riding two up.:small3d031:

Wow...now that's some agressive bik'n - remember - HD touring bikes aren't Crotch Rockets...:s

Guess this is another reason I ruled-out the V&H X-pipe header...great performance, but sits quite low on frame. Thanks for the warning to other riders.

Wow...now that's some agressive bik'n - remember - HD touring bikes aren't Crotch Rockets...:s

Guess this is another reason I ruled-out the V&H X-pipe header...great performance, but sits quite low on frame. Thanks for the warning to other riders.

No problem...

Darn it, thought I was a kid again....lol:small3d031:

========================================================

Thanks for the link! I appreciate it. Looks like a phone call to Vance and Hines may be in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the monster rounds with power duals and have never had an issue. Excellent sound and quality in my eyes.

Back