free website stats program Vance and hines twin slash 3" slip-on muffler (fxdc) | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and hines twin slash 3" slip-on muffler (fxdc)

dolce

Ordered Vance and Hines Twin Slash 3" Slip On Muffler for my 2011 FXDC today. Did all the reading I could here and at other sources and hoping that I can get away without tuning until such time I replace the intake. My understanding is that it will be necessary then. Probably will do the V&H FuelPak then.

:cheers

11151d1314031606-northern_virginia_to_mt_rushmore_and_sturgis-291544_2222599052118_1461984268_32532844_7348761_o.jpg

You can just "get by " without adding fuel but it will be very lean.

Give some thought to the TFI instead of the fuel pack. More user friendly and doesn't need maps for certain equipment.

You can just "get by " without adding fuel but it will be very lean.

Give some thought to the TFI instead of the fuel pack. More user friendly and doesn't need maps for certain equipment.

Thanks Glider... As you may know I'm a new "old" rider (25+ years ago) and re-learning as I go. Since my return from Sturgis I've felt that the bike was running rich (smell of exhaust and and the pipes are way hotter than during my trip). They are so hot that when I ride with hiway pegs my right leg underneath almost gets hot to the point of being unbearable. MAYBE once I put the pipes on it will all even out... Wishful thinking, I know..:33:

They are so hot that when I ride with hiway pegs my right leg underneath almost gets hot to the point of being unbearable. MAYBE once I put the pipes on it will all even out... Wishful thinking, I know..:33:

You describe a very lean condition. Read up on the TFI, I think it will solve that issue very easily and make the bike run stronger too.

Agree with Glider that what you describe sounds like a very lean condition instead of rich.

Dolce,
You won't be disappointed with the TFI. It cooled down my road glide considerably. I am very pleased with it and it's easy to install. Don't forget to tell them you are a member of HDT or maybe a veteran, they have discounts.
Russell

Dolce,
Don't forget to tell them you are a member of HDT or maybe a veteran, they have discounts.
Russell

Veteran and member of HD as well... Maybe double discount, NOT... Thanks for the suggestion.

Dolce,
You won't be disappointed with the TFI. It cooled down my road glide considerably. I am very pleased with it and it's easy to install. Russell

I was all onboard with the TFI until I read I have to disconnect the gas line or some such process. I'm not very mechanically inclined beyound very basic stuff so I have to put some thought into it before I go that route. The V&H should arrive today and depending on IRENE I hope to get it installed (I can do that much at least) and keep my fingers crossed that I can ride her and enjoy that new sound until such time I add the TFI or whatever I end up with. Can't believe what the dealership wants for that Super Tuner... Jeesh:lolrolling

dolce, For something really simple , that works, try checking out NightRider Xieds. I would go with the 13.8 fuel ratio ones.
It's a resister that goes in between the O2 sensors and ECM. It adds resistance to make ECM think bike is running leaner than it is and ECM adds fuel. Plug and ride!!!
wilks3

Last edited:
dolce, For something really simple , that works, try checking out NightRider Xieds. I would go with the 13.8 fuel ratio ones.
It's a resister that goes in between the O2 sensors and ECM. It adds resistance to make ECM think bike is running leaner than it is and ECM adds fuel. Plug and ride!!!
wilks3

This is another good product I have read good things about if you do not want or can not install the TFI yourself:s

Update: Received the V&H exhaust and have installed them on my Dyna. WOW, now it sounds like a Harley, Love it. the 2.25in baffles are a little louder than I expected but not so much that I'm dis-satisfied. I may try the quiet baffles but from what I read they don't make much difference at all.

MOre importantly is that it seems to be running ok so far. A bit of pop on decel but not so bad I'm concerned. I'm taking the bike to just out side of Chicago next week (trailering it I think) and my son in law plan to ride up to Milwaukee to visit the HD Museum. After that ride I'll make a decision on the loudness...

wilks3

Thanks wilks3. I'll give it a read...

Back