free website stats program Vance and Hines Straightshots question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and Hines Straightshots question

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Finally got my pipes installed and wow what a difference. Easy installation only took about an hour to finish the job. I have heard several reviews about these pipes being too loud but for my taste they have a good quality not over-bearing sound. I went with the stock baffles and they bring down the sound well. Thanks for all the comments to help me out with my decision. It took me a few weeks to get them installed due to a football broken hand injury. Cast off and good checkup on Friday and pipe installation on Saturday. :D

I had the reg straight shots on my 02 1200. I loved them! With the SE AC and a rejet, the bike ran and sounded great! I took the baffels out to see what happened.. I never would do it again. Poor performance (no back pressure and lose of low end grunt) and the sound was way to loud and not the rumble with the bafles in.

I ran them for 7 yrs w/ no issues at all.

Ride safe and have fun.

I ride with a couple guys that have had them on thier Evo dyna's for a while. Look good, sound good and they luv 'em

Back