free website stats program Vance and Hines Ovals..wondering | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and Hines Ovals..wondering

I changed my stock mufflers to Vance and Hines Ovals,do I need to install a power commander or any updates in this situation..wondering?

I just had the stage I upgrade done to my Ultra. It was well worth going the whole way. I had the 4 inch V&H slip ons, the Big Sucker air intake, and the ECM reprogrammed with the factory upgrade and all I can say is - It will make you smile!

The power is definately noticeable and the sound is definately something that others will get a nod from. I had talked to someone that just did the pipes and he said it was OK but he did notice some power issues and backfiring. That is why I went the whole hog!

yea you could get by leaving it alone.....but i think you would be ALLOT happier if you installed a TFI .....my thinking on this is TFI and stock pipes will work great, aftermarket pipes no TFI not so great engine will not perform up 2 par

yea you could get by leaving it alone.....but i think you would be ALLOT happier if you installed a TFI .....my thinking on this is TFI and stock pipes will work great, aftermarket pipes no TFI not so great engine will not perform up 2 par

The TFI works very well with stock and aftermarket pipes as well as stage 1 . The only shortcoming for the TFI is a motor that has radical cams and headwork ETC.

pipes + breather X tuner = :bananapowerslide: :bananapowerslide: :bananapowerslide:

Might be a good time to treat your scoot to a few performance enhancements b/c you've already finished 1/3 of the equasion.

Back