free website stats program Vance and Hines Big Radius Exhaust Decision? | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and Hines Big Radius Exhaust Decision?

jriley

I just bought an 09 Black Fatbob and have decided to buy the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 in 2 pipes. Although, I can't decide between the chrome or black pipes. Does anyone have a pic of a fat bob with the black big radius pipes. I have a good pic of the chrome pipes on a fat bob and want something to compare it to. Any opinions would help too. Thanks for the help.

I have the 2008 Fat Bob with big Radius 2 into 2 with chrome shields. Imho both look great. And if you get chrome and don't like it, you can either buy other heat shields, or powder coat. BTW they sound great !! Let us know what you decide. Rock on!

Good lookin bike Hobbitt. Love the black wheels. Appreciate all your help guys. Just ordered the black pipes. Ill post some pics when they're on. Thanks for the help

It would depend on what the style of the rest of your bike is. If you have lots of chrome, then chrome might look better. But, If you style is like Hobbit's (which looks mean and awesome), black is definatly the way to go.:coffee

I've got the chrome on my SB, it's the cobalt blue with other chrome attachments. It seems that when I was looking at which ones to get I read an article that stated that the black had an issue with peeling or chipping. I don't know if anyone else may have read this or had any issues with their pipes though.

Like others suggest, it all depends on your future plans. If you want to go w/blackout then recommend the black set. If chrome's your thing - go chrome. Also, for a little more, you could go either way & change later by ceramic coating the shields black, or chrome plating them shiny. It's your bike so think about your style/likes & go for it. Cheers!

Back