free website stats program Valve Stem Cap | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Valve Stem Cap

Here we go.
$_35.JPG

That's them!! I now have a fancy and expensive tool like the one that Don linked to above!!! Of course I got that to work on the AC system for the house. Bit more pressure on the schrader valve in the Puron system!!

Cheers,

TQ

Did a normal TCLOCKS inspection the night before a big ride. This included adding air to the tires. Got up the next morning hopped on the bike and the front tire would barely turn- FLAT TIRE. Re-inflated, and soaped up the tire to find any leaks- NONE. Took off the valve cap and the O-ring had been deformed apparently when I tightened the cap on the valve stem the previous night. Got rid of the O-rings. Not another problem since.

Trivia question, who remembers the valve stem cap that had the stem remover on the top?
I think I might have 1 laying around somewhere.
I remember, right after high school I worked Kmart automotive for a little while, they seemed to go away after that.

The schrader valve seals the air in the tire or tube, when it is pressed in air comes out, the cap keeps debris from doing this, fancy caps have o rings nuthin wrong with regular stock caps

Back