free website stats program Valve Stem Cap | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Valve Stem Cap

I replace the valves when I change the tyres on occasion a valve core seal fails and I keep a few in stock for that occasion I think all of my valve caps on the bikes have o rings in them I use the caps that come with the new stems on the tubless tyres and keep the good old ones on the tubed tyres I don't care for the plastic caps that come with inner tubes

Brian

As TQ and Don says, the valve may be loose or damaged inside the stem I'm thinking loose. The tool is about $4

Trivia question, who remembers the valve stem cap that had the stem remover on the top?
I think I might have 1 laying around somewhere.

We used to screw those on an old valve stem, crimp it a bit and then use that as our schrader valve wrench when I worked at an auto repair shop back in the day.

Cheers,

TQ

We used to screw those on an old valve stem, crimp it a bit and then use that as our schrader valve wrench when I worked at an auto repair shop back in the day.

Cheers,

TQ
Yes sir, I remember those day's.
I'm heading up to Minnesota to meet up with Jack, I bet i'll find one out in my dad's garage

Trivia question, who remembers the valve stem cap that had the stem remover on the top?
I think I might have 1 laying around somewhere.
I still have a few of those laying around in my tyre stuff I also have a few of the tools for removing the valve core they also have a self tapping thread on one of the bars for removing the valve core seal when it comes adrift from the valve core

Brian

Well aren't you special Don, TQ and I couldn't afford a fancy tool like
that so we had to make ours.:p

what about tacking a bobbie pin and cut it off to make it stiff to take a valve stem out,done that as a kid working on bicycle tires

Here we go.
$_35.JPG

Back