free website stats program value of 06 fxsti | Harley Davidson Forums

value of 06 fxsti

motor

Going with a friend(that's a girl) to check out an 06 fxsti with 2900 miles ,original owner .Only mods that have been done are v&h pipes ,se air kit,race tuner with supposedly a dyno tune.Guys asking 10,000.Any opinions please .We are going there in a couple of hours ...thanks

value of 06 fxsti

Thanks for the response .Seemed fair to me also .We'll probably offer something less .But if it is, what it's supposed to be she will be buying this afternoon.I'll post later .Thanks

Well i said i'd post the results .Although bike is like new.It's very vanilla,as in plain.Offered 9000.Guy said he'd call and let us know .He called shortly thereafter and came back with 9500.The bike didn't excite Brenda,so to her it was 9k or nothing .While the seller smokes it over ,we're still looking for something that floats her boat.Plenty out there.I'm thinking 07 or newer.She can pay more .But it has to be a smokin deal .If anyone has or knows of a nice Dyna or maybe a Softail in Atlanta area ,we're still on a hunt.Based on her comments on the search ,she'll be riding her own bike sooner rather than later. :D

should have said still looking for a deal on nice softail, 1st. Or maybe the right dyna, 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you asked for opinions....I've bought/sold 8 bikes in the last 3 yeasr....she done good to walk away, it isn't even wotht $9K to me. I wouldn't pay over $8K, and beleive it or not, I doubt I would pay $8K. THere are ALOT of bikes out there for $9,000.00, way nicer than a stock softail.
I just posted about a bike I just bought 3 days ago.....2005 Softail Classic Springer,,,,oh yeah baby, SPRINGER !!! Talk about one cool looking, old school looking bike !!!! It has power comander, dyno, fishtail pipes ( don't know make ), quick release windshield, hard leather bags,handlebar speakers/amp for MP3, and 6,700 miles, and paid $10,000.00.
Watch Craigs List. If you were closer to me I'd find you a deal.
Good luck !

I've been wearing out CL and Ebay within a couple hundred miles of Atlanta .If anyone here knows of a deal on a Softail in the southeast,my friend has money ready .Thanks for the replies.:coffee

value of 06 fxsti

States

With the link above, you can search an entire state at 1 time for the bike you want. Just hit the "check all" for the counties, then put softail in the first open box and then put in your price range. Saves alot of time.

Here's 1, talk them down to $10K or so.

2005 SOFTAIL SPRINGER MUST SELL

Happy hunting !!!

value of 06 fxsti

It's funny you gave me that link .I had just gotten off of the phone with the guy,then went to HDtalking to check for possible responses.Thank you for the help

You are the teacher .I had no idea how easy it could be to check whole staes .Thanks

Motor; Your friend seems to be quite bright. Only two things I'd like to add for her. "Vanilla" is easy to live with, falling for the "exotic" usually wears off. It took her a while to get in this financial position, don't hurry the purchase. If she HAS to ride, spend $100 and rent something for the day/weekend.

She's not looking for exotic .She's actually looking at pretty much black ones only.I know what you mean "you can live with vanilla".We're just tring to find the bike that speaks to her.The rough cast primary cover on the ST we looked at does look extremely plain .I know chrome won't get you home,but sho do look gud .At the right price we'll ad whatever chrome she wants .Hoping to find the right bike with some of the shiney stuff allready in place

Back