free website stats program Value for money? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Value for money?

I have just purchased my first Harley, a 2010 Ultra Classic. I have 20 plus years riding experience. I cannot decide if I should purchase the 7 year extended warranty or the maintenace package being offered by the dealer. The package is for 1000/2500/5000,7500,10000 mile maintenance. It seems excessive. Thanks

I guess you know you just bought the H-D Flagship...Congrats!

I just bagged a new Deluxe last August. Based on the dependability of the Three prior new Harleys that I have ridden (80K miles), I have elected not to buy any offered warrantee programs. Reason: I know that I will do my maintenance, and I know where I can get stuff fixed at a reasonable price.

Now granted this decision I made may come back to haunt me:newsmile093:...but I guess I'm gong to roll the dice on this one.

A rebel Randall.:laugh TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR RIDE !
softail-pick-up-2.jpg

I agree w/both of you. I bought it on the RK but not sure I would on another new bike for the reasons mentioned. That was my first HD & that's a lot of coin to plop down. Since I drive a cage to work mostly, I can let the bike sit while I work on it.
WAP.gif

My bud has it and likes it enough that he got it on his second bike as well. I am too cheap to shell out for any extras that would raise my monthly payments...

I guess its just like insurance you buy it and then hope you don't use it. I bought it but I don't think I would buy it again. Buy a service manuel and then ask Glider or Chopper if you have problems!!

Back