free website stats program V Rod Opinions... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

V Rod Opinions...

Re: V-Rod Bagger

That was what I was thinking...the "Longer" rides we would do would only be a few hours (3-5 max). I know we could get bags that would suffice, but I was worried that my co-pilot would be miserable. It is critical to me that she be comfortable becasue if she isn't...the riding will not be worth the (EDIT)

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Tank....I do like the Switchback...

Last edited by a moderator:
The main reason I bought my DX was the styling, paramount only to how it performs. I wanted a bike that set itself apart from every other bike out there. IMO, all other Harleys just kind of look the same. When you see a VRSC going down the road, it is impossible to mistake it for anything else. Sure, it probably isn't the most comfortable ride for long trips, but that's not what I bought it for. That's not to say I would never take it on a thousand mile trip, but if I had the kind of time required for those things, I might have looked at something else. Besides, there are accessories you can add that will make a long trip more bearable than on a stock V Rod, which I will eventually get. For now, I enjoy just cruising around town on my stock NRS. Just my $.02, YMMV...

As much as I love the looks of the V-Rod, my vote will now go for the road king. :) But seriously, I really think you will both be more comfortable on the road king than the V-Rod, not saying that just because I recently got a road king either.

I've never ridden the v-rod, but I know that between my deuce and the road king, the king will win in the practicality and comfort department. :s
I love the RK, but for my build found it a little wide. Now the Softail Heritage was a bike that seemed custom built for me...I am 5-08 about 180 with the co-pilot a bit shorter and a bit liter. her only complaint is the stock pillon seat (all harleys) is to firm, so this is going to be remedied this winter probably by mean city cycles...but as far as comfort goes, can't beat a seftail.

lots of valid points given here, over the years I owned manyHD models, the Vrod is a great bike and in my opinion it might be up to par with a touring bike it does ride very smooth but,it does lack gearing for touring and the sheer weight of a heavy bike ,but overall it rides better then a dyna ,sportster and softail as far as touring with No vibrations at all, If you set a vrod up for touring other then the weight diffrence and gearing its a real comfy ride , upgraded shocks on a vrod that are adjustable give excellent improvements.but they are 2 diffent bikes and one can never be the other 100% and you can never get the best of both worlds unless you have both bike , SO dont buy a new roadking or vrod , buy a used roadking and a used Vrod. then you will have it all

Back