free website stats program V&H x pipe with hi output 4. 0 slipons discoloring | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H x pipe with hi output 4. 0 slipons discoloring

Glazer & Jeff thanks I thought the same thing because there is a gasket on the stock header pipe. I checked the installion instructions for the header x pipe and there is no gasket mentioned or installed.

I would think there would have been a gasket but I guess not. For some reason your not getting a good fit/seal, can you tell if for some reason the pipes are distorted? I can't imagine why you would have a leak if the pipes fit together tightly.

Document everything with pictures and receipts and then demand a refund for your labor cost and reimbursement for anything you needed to fix after they did the install. If they are unwilling to do so, small claims court would be your next stop.

IF the same as my 09 King...

My cross over behind the oil/tranny...
On the right side, Make sure the cross-over pipe is ALL the way into and stopping at the exhaust Ridge... My bike needed a new tire and the Dumb guy took the exhaust LOOSE (OFF) to remove the axle shaft and Nut. Putting it back, it was fine until I got home and looking .....that cross over was Backed off a 1.5 inches... I loosened the clamp and Rubber Hammered it into Touching that ridge stop,,, Tightening it and it did the same movement on the next ride... RE-Doing the correct position for that cross over and put a TON of w-d 40 on the CLAMP while loose and wiggled it to really be loose... Wiped off and TIGHTENED Not a problem since.

Thee clamps, once used seem to not Tighten correctly but the w-d 40 made it work just fine.

Hate when that happens.

MY left side does Not heat as much as my right side. The flow thru the right side is More than on the Left UNLESS you get True-Duels

That is one time I can say IN MY CASE, they all do it...:small3d026:

Hope that Loosening and lubing the clamp works for u as it did for me...

OH, Take the shocks loose (bottom bolt on shocks) moving them out of the way a little and Jack the bike IS Better than removing the exhaust.:s

signed....BUBBIE

I TOO use an SE pro off road... and my right Xhaust is Black on right and the Left is gray...

Just to add some humble input..

...to tune an modified fuel injected bike you need either the factory program (SE supertuner) or independent makes like power commander... as MOCO needs to back of the timing as certain revs to help pass emission laws the engine runs hotter and "bluing" of the is a result of that... V&H found out early and has consequently fully covering heat-shields...

....as a wrench you always change seals when you fit a new exhaust system...anything else is not according to proxy...to avoid all kinds of problems.. ;-)

mate..i also suggest that You go to another dealership where You feel that You can trust the pro's...as there is a lot of "iknowitall's" out there..remembering that many motorcycle mechanics hasn't the same training as the mechanics in the car industry...

...it doesn't matter what kind of modifications You choose to do on your harley..or with any manufacture of parts for harley's...you should be able to have your bike running to the best of its ability depending of the parts you've equipped your motorcycle with...

i hope you will be a happy chappy soon :)

Back