free website stats program V&H Super Radius vs Big Radius 2 into 2 exhaust... | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Super Radius vs Big Radius 2 into 2 exhaust...

FLHXSrider

Contributor
Hi,

Since my bike is in the shop after my crash and needs the exhaust pipes (slip-ons) replaced, I'm looking at maybe changing the whole system out to either a V&H Super Radius or V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 system. I'm leaning toward the Super Radius because of the power chamber technology which as far as I understand will give a little better performance. I'm pretty loyal to V&H and don't want to explore any other manufacturers at this time.

I've done a lot of searching on the 'net and can't find much on the Super Radius as far as reviews go. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos with this exhaust with varying levels but it's not always the same bike and there's no indication of whether the sound inserts are in or not. I'm wondering whether it's worth the extra $180 over the Big Radius pipes (I can get a bit better deal). I really want the change for more exhaust volume although my city has a noise bylaw that carries a $250 ticket for going over 92dB at idle or 96dB otherwise. My current exhaust is a tad over but I don't ride in the city much so I don't sweat it. The Super Radius has a "Deep, Mellow tone, with Sound Inserts included for adjustability" according to V&H. I've heard the Big Radius and really like them but they don't have the sound insert option. I'm curious how they sound in comparison to the Big Radius.

I emailed V&H a week ago and they've yet to get back to me. Unfortunately it's snowing here so I don't really have an opportunity to check these out at any meetups and I don't know anyone who has them. Does anyone here have experience with them on a SG or other bike? How do they sound? Is there any problems with them scraping in turns?

Thanks everyone!

Back