free website stats program V-H slip-ons SE ac and TFI unit | Harley Davidson Forums

V-H slip-ons SE ac and TFI unit

John N

Hello every one , my first post :) i have been reading for a long time.
I have a 07 heritage and just had vance and hines slip-ons SE air cleaner and a TFI unit installed by the dealer , after reading many post i read on a post that you should also have the ECU flashed is this true ? my bike runs grate , but i think my gas milage has gone down quite a bit , i used to get around 200 mile a tank full 5gal tank , at this point i have only ridden in subberbs and city and iam getting around 30 to 32 miles a gallon or about 150 to 160 a tank full , iam wondering if maby it is running to rich , very little if any popping on decell . i also was wondering what pre detanation sounds like ,or is it that another word for back fire. Thanks in advance,
sorry for the noob questions but you have to start some were
John N

Hi Hobbit thanks for the quick reply , I feel better now, would hate to have gone back to the dealer and had him adjust it to lean just to make me happy ,
Ya and it sure is nice to hear thoes pipes sing:D

Hello every one , my first post :) i have been reading for a long time.
I have a 07 heritage and just had vance and hines slip-ons SE air cleaner and a TFI unit installed by the dealer , after reading many post i read on a post that you should also have the ECU flashed is this true ? my bike runs grate , but i think my gas milage has gone down quite a bit , i used to get around 200 mile a tank full 5gal tank , at this point i have only ridden in subberbs and city and iam getting around 30 to 32 miles a gallon or about 150 to 160 a tank full , iam wondering if maby it is running to rich , very little if any popping on decell . i also was wondering what pre detanation sounds like ,or is it that another word for back fire. Thanks in advance,
sorry for the noob questions but you have to start some were
John N

The only benefit to the ECM flash is a raise in the rev limit which on a stock motor really isn't doing much. They run out of cam and head flow much before the 6200 limit that the flash provides. Post the exact settings on the 4 post of the TFI here including half numbers if it is between two numbers like 2.25 or 2.50 for two and a quarter or two and a half. Let's see why your MPG is down.

HI glider, iam completley new to the fule injection thing , and i have not found the time to see how to set the TFI :dknow , i was going to take a look at it this week end and see if i could figure it out , how can i see what the dealer settings are ?

Once you locate the unit, you'll see a rubber plug in the cover, pop that plug out with your fingernail and you'll see the 4 posts in there for the adjustment.
Give me the settings on the pots.

Hey Glider,

I have a question for you. How do you know if you have a TFI or a PowerCommander hooked up to a bike. The reason I ask is that I purchased my bike used. It there anything thing that I sould look for? I have a 2005 Electra Glide Standard. It looks pretty much to be stock. Stock pipes air cleaner, but you never know.

If you can't eyeball the unit on the bike, look under the tank at the injectors and follow the wires back. There will be a double set of injector plugs under there if you have a fuel controlling unit. The stock harness ones plugged into another set from the control unit, and then the ones on the injectors themselves. The plugs/wires from the unit are usually about 6" long where the stock harness plugs into them.

HI glider , i was able to look at my tfi unit this week end and on the back of it i found a small rubber plug i popped it out all i saw in side was a small set of what looked like resistors there were know dials or dip switches with numbers , its just set by touch pad on the front with a mode key,
+ and - key, the only settings i see are determind by the colored lights, there are 8 seperate lights that flash diffrent colors depending on rpm or load range .

It sounds as if you are running the TFI that keeps the 02 sensors in the system, the 1440st.

Here's the setup and adjustment instructions. If you enter the settings and go to page 3 here, look for the instructions in section 4B ( the yellow mode )for the accelerator pump feature, and lower that feature a bit. You will not really notice the difference in performance but it will make a difference in MPG.

If you're not sure about it, take it back to the dealer that tuned it and let them do it so you don't change the wrong setting. If it were the 4 pot system, I could tell you how to do it here but this system is more complicated to explain.

Electronic Jet Kit Instructions

Back