free website stats program V&H Shortshots + XiED = Good idea? | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Shortshots + XiED = Good idea?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
I want to put V&H shortshots on my bike, and I don't want to pay a ton of money for a fuel tuner, and I came across the XiED solution. Would that work ok for me? Why or why not?

I had no idea it would be such a pain in the (edit) just to make my bike sound better. :bigsmiley32:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea it would be such a pain in the (edit) just to make my bike sound better. :bigsmiley32:

Hey Dave --- I'm right there with ya!! I'm getting ready to fall off the "stock wagon" and looking at V&H fuel pak , V&H tapered slash-cut slip-ons and the Alen Ness A/C set-up. Those 3 items $ 776.95 ,no tax or labor incld. in that. :newsmile063:

I have V&H short shot slipons AND the XiEDs. Those are the only performance mods on my 08 Bob. I personally think it's a great combination. I immediately noticed a more throatier sound, more torque in the low and mid range which is where most of us ride. I'm also able to run at 65 in 6th gear and the 6th gear roll on is noticeably better. They are also supposed to help with the heat issue but I've not confirmed that. Those who have tested this aspect state that it drops the temp about 25 degrees. Not a substantial drop but every bit helps. A lot has been said about the XiEDs and what works well for me may not work well for you. They don't work well for everybody. I've been running them for the past 3500 miles and as far as I'm concerned it was the best hundred dollars I've spent on the bike.

Just my $0.02 from a satisfied customer.

Back