free website stats program V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals and Drak with SER tuner? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals and Drak with SER tuner?

We do all have choices.... NELS is right. Not likely to see retroactive rules. But... the longer we can keep the EPA at bay the longer we can enjoy tweeking our rides.
Your right to vote is a powerful thing.... Just sayin....

We have a slightly different set up on our 06 Road King but close enough for comparison.

V & H Dresser Duals, V & H Monster Ovals, K & N Filter kit (RK3910), and a PC III-USB.

We heard the mufflers on an Electra Glide at the dealership. We liked the sound and ordered them on-line. Nice deep tone, louder than stock but not too loud.

At first we used the slip-ons with the stock pipes. In my opinion, there is a lot more sound quantity using the dual exhaust.

We love the sound!! My lady has no complaints from the back seat.

You might want to check into Fuel Moto's Jackpot Head Pipes and Dyno Tuned mufflers before you pull the trigger on the V&H stuff.

Jackpot 2/1/2 Headpipes

There are some dyno sheets on that site showing the comparison between stock and their set up. They also can hook you up with a PC V already loaded with the correct map.

I have the Power duals with V&H Hi-Output slip on's, a high flow ac and PCV. I definately felt a huge difference in performance. The sound is nice, not too loud, but aggressive when you need it. I ride pretty hard and have not scraped the xpipes, have scraped my foot many times. If you lean hard on a slow speed, locked right turn, then yes you may scrape, just know that and don't lean so much, seriously, you have to be leaning pretty hard to scrape....

That's true. You really have to lean it over. During normal riding, you can still lean to the right further than pre 09 bikes, without scraping. Mine scraped when I intentionally was doing some very tight slow speed turning for practice and dragging boards on both sides. The only time they actually scraped in normal riding was during a sharp right turn with heavy lean (not board scraping) and the road got really rough causing it to scrape twice on the bumps under the X pipe.

Thanks Gents... I have been talking to Jamie and Keith at Fuel Moto. Jackpot 2-1-2 head pipes look very nice and use all the stock mounts which is very nice. Not thrilled with the looks of the V&H X pipe. Jackpot uses stock shields. Another nice feature. However, the Jackpot 2-1-2 with dyno tuned mufflers only achieves 5 hp and 5ftlbs torque increase. They are telling me I can expect 12-14 hp and Torque gains with the Jackpot 2-1-2 , monster ovals , Drak AC and new PC vision not yet out.
As for scraping thanks for the heads up truth. I don't ride too agressively. To old for that. Now I wait for the PC vision release and I think I'll combine the V&H monster ovals with Jackpots and Drak AC.

Have the Monster Ovals on my 2009 Ultra when it was new because I thought they really looked great and the sound was almost what I wanted, not too loud but still throaty, never noticed much performance gain. However, my bike was just fitted this week with V&H true duals, HD Heavy Breather intake and power commander tuner/Dyno to compliment my Monster Ovals and I hope for just a little more sound, a little more response and a little cooler running engine, hope I won't be disappointed, what do you think? Haven't got it back from Ray Price Harley Davidson yet but can't wait to take it for a spin......

I use Ray Price also. If I put on header pipes, I plan to use power duals or jackpot 2-1-2. True duals are certainly louder but performance is notably better with the 2-1-2. I am not looking for loud as much as looks and performance for about the same money. Definetely love the looks and mellow sound of the monster ovals. Other than that, I will be installing the SERT pro and V& H Drak AC. Should be A sweet set up.

Looking at to differnt forums, this one that most everybody is running 96" motors
and The other forum that mostly 110" motors, I'm see true duals here on HDtalking and on the CVO forum lot of the guys run the X Pipe B from Fullsac,, What i under stand when running True Duals you lose some TQ, I would think with a 96" you would what as much as you could get on the Tq side.

Back