free website stats program V&H Power Duals + HIgh Output slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Power Duals + HIgh Output slip ons

retgi

Just in case anyone's thinking about this setup, I installed today and I'm very pleased with both. The high output mufflers are about the deepest sounding pipes I've ever heard. These are big and have a very deep rumble. Sound bites on youtube don't do these justice. Actually the only draw back is the sound resonance these produce giving me a subtle vibration I didn't have with the stock 2010 header and screaming eagle slip on.

A friend of mine did the same on his 2010 Limited and is very happy with them. I did the same headers, but went with the Monster Oval's. I have not heard the Hi Outputs yet except on YouTube. I'm sure my buddy will chime in on this post to comment.

Oh yes, I did install this set up. In addition I installed a HI Flow AC and a PC-V. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the entire package. I like the sound of the pipes and the PCV gives the bike the right amount of torque etc...As far as the vibration I don't pick that up...hmmm, I wonder if the PC-V has anything to do with that as it corrects the air/gas mix.

Oh yes, I did install this set up. In addition I installed a HI Flow AC and a PC-V. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the entire package. I like the sound of the pipes and the PCV gives the bike the right amount of torque etc...As far as the vibration I don't pick that up...hmmm, I wonder if the PC-V has anything to do with that as it corrects the air/gas mix.

I doubt it. I installed the TFI (simple and easy to adjust)and the kuryakyn street sleeper A/C. This really may not be a vibration as such but the resonance produced from the deep rumble of the pipes.

You guys with the power duals and HO or MO slip ons,Does the deep resonance change in pitch or volume.

I found the V&H Monster Rounds with std headers gave such a low resonance that I could not ride long without a headache the bass was that powerful.

Thanks

You guys with the power duals and HO or MO slip ons,Does the deep resonance change in pitch or volume.

I found the V&H Monster Rounds with std headers gave such a low resonance that I could not ride long without a headache the bass was that powerful.

Thanks

I've only put about thirty miles on my HO since installed a couple days ago. No headaches yet but going on a 500 miler to Key West in a couple days and will see. The volume does change but haven't heard much change in pitch. Anyway, so far I really like them.

I've put about 4,000 miles on mine, including several 300+ rides in a day. What I can tell you is the volumne does change as the throttle goes up, but for the better (if you like it a bit more on the quiet side at freeway speeds). At freeway speeds I do not hear the low rumble that I hear at lower speeds, with the exception of getting on the throttle to pass etc. I do know that when I ride tandum the rider next to me has to adjust the vox or my pipes engage his intercom. My wife says the pipes do not bother hear and she can hear the radio with no problem. By the way we both wear 3/4 helmets.

The pitch I would say remains the same. Volume naturally goes up with a twist of the throttle. With the MO's it has a deep smooth tone that at Freeway speeds is very mellow. During full throttle acceleration, it's low growl increases, but I've never had it bother me to a headache. I find it quite enjoyable. I will say, that I usually wear a half helmet, but when I where my full face, the deep rumble does seem more noticable for some reason.

Back