free website stats program V & H Oval Slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

V & H Oval Slip ons

I have a 2004 RG and I can't keep the right side slipones from coming loose and rattling? Any ideas?

When the pipe gets hot it rattles more. When I let off the gas is when it makes the most noise. I have tried taking them off and retightening but after few 100 miles it gets loose again. Only the right side?

Thanks,

Mark

I take it you've had different slip ons before and or changed header pipes. if so one of the two may have gone Off Round. happens. some good quality exhaust sealer will work. read the directions for application, need to slip them off (i hope I can say that tonight) and apply the sealer inside the slip on and then install.
Now this might be your problem. Torque wrench. buy one use it love it. :newsmile099:

I would start by removing the the muffler and inspect the clamping area of the pipe and slipon.Does the slipon fit real sloppy or is it a snug fit when installed/removed?If it is real sloppy then you may need to use some shim stock to make up the clearance.
If it is a snug fit. I would replace the clamp.

I have a 2004 RG and I can't keep the right side slipones from coming loose and rattling? Any ideas?

When the pipe gets hot it rattles more. When I let off the gas is when it makes the most noise. I have tried taking them off and retightening but after few 100 miles it gets loose again. Only the right side?

Thanks,

Mark

Are you uising the supplied V&H clamps or re-using the old clamps?

If so pick up a pair of H-D TORCA clamps. They are a lot better then the after market ones. I have re-used them a few time but I normally just use new ones.

Bob

Back